I am back in Spain for another year. I will continue to do updates like I did all last year.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentine's Day and Carnaval

The high school cafeteria celebrated Valentine's Day with "Concurso de Piropos" (Pick-up Line Contest) and I won 2nd place.  It was supposed to be in Spanish but I submitted mine in English.  Someone translated it for me so everyone could understand.  The judge was the woman who runs the cafeteria, who is very nice.  I teach her daughter who is in the 5th grade so people say I had an unfair advantage, haha.  My prize was a Valentine's Day themed Rubix Cube.  I won with a nice pick-up line not a spicy one.

For Carnaval I went to Tarazona to celebrate.  It was a last minute decision so my costume was a bit of a hot mess.  I was a scary pirate, I guess, here is the photo:


1 comment:

  1. You look so much like Tia Elissa ("My Idol") it's scaring me!!! I never realized she resembled a pirate :-P

    ReplyDelete